If you have questions about admissions, please call 718-935-3500 or visit the Family Welcome Center,
Family Welcome Center
333 Seventh Avenue, 12th Floor; Room 1211
New York, NY 10001
If you would like more information on the admissions priorities - Read more...
- If you received an placement offer for a pre-k program other than PS 158, it is your choice to accept this offer and if you do, you can you can still apply to additional programs in Round 2.
- You can apply in Round 2 regardless of whether you applied or accepted an offer in the Main Round. Pre-registering for your Main Round offer does not limit you from applying to another program in Round 2. You are also automatically placed on the waitlist for all programs that you listed on your application.
- At this time we do not have any specific information regarding placement on the waitlist.
- We have been advised that the information should be available the week of May 23rd.
- We will contact you directly if a seat becomes available for your child; no further action is required to remain on the waitlist.
Registration for PS 158 will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY
Please call the Main Office (212) 744-6562 and ask for Ms. Cruz.
- You must bring your child with you to register
★ A CELEBRATION OF LEARNING ★
You are invited to attend a celebration of learning on Thursday, May 12th. The 2015-2016 school year is coming to a close, and we would like to take the time to reflect on the amazing progress our students have made. Every child has made strides and achieved goals. Now we will have the opportunity to celebrate their efforts and get to know more about our school community! On May 12th, families and students are welcomed back into classrooms to look at student-selected works from various subjects across the school year. Your child will be your guide! Parents and guardians are still welcome even if your child cannot make it.
★ 5:15pm - 6:15pm
★ Your classroom will be open for you to drop in on the celebrations of learning and growth. You are welcome to visit your child’s classroom any time during this hour. Please keep your child (children) with you at all times. They will be your guide through this learning journey.
Looking forward to seeing you May 12th!
The DOE has posted the calendar for the 2106-2017 school year -
The MFSC special education team is excited to host our Spring Family Conference, Saturday, May 14, 2016 from 8:30am-12:30pm at Art and Design High School, 231-249 East 56 Street, Manhattan, New York 10019.
This conference is open to all Manhattan parents of students with disabilities
and is intended to provide our parents with the skills to understand and take an active role in the IEP process.
Please click here to see the flyer with more information.
The New York State Education Department and the American Institutes for Research are hosting a
Response to Intervention Training for Parents:
1) Wednesday, May 18 5:30 PM at PS 329 in Queens
2) Thursday, May 19 at 5:00 PM at PS 44 in the Bronx
(1825 Prospect Avenue).
Please click here for more information
In accordance with Avonte's Law (Introductory 131-A), all egresses have been alarmed and the alarms are activated. Please be sure to follow all arrival and dismissal procedures
. Families should only be using the Main Entrance and the yard gate to enter and leave the building. Using any other egress will result in setting off the alarms.
The DOE has released the Quality Review and Snapshot and the School Survey for the 2014-2015 school year. If you would like to learn more and read the reports, please click on the links below. Thank you again to all the families that participated in the survey.
Here is a very interesting article from the New York Times about restorative classrooms. Our school is committed to educating the entire child, which includes supporting their social-emotional growth.
Teaching Peace in Elementary School