New Families --- Welcome to the 2016-2017 School year at PS 158!!!!
Please join us for a parent/guardian information session.
Date: Tuesday June 7
Location: PS 158 large cafeteria
This round table discussion and Q&A is for all parents/guardians of children entering pre-k, kindergarten and new families at PS 158 for the 2016-2017 school year.
The Principal, Assistant Principal, Parent Coordinator and parent representatives will be there to answer any questions.
No need to RSVP
We look forward to seeing you!
If you have questions about admissions, please call 718-935-3500 or visit the Family Welcome Center,
Family Welcome Center
333 Seventh Avenue, 12th Floor; Room 1211
New York, NY 10001
If you would like more information on the admissions priorities - Read more...
- If you received an placement offer for a pre-k program other than PS 158, it is your choice to accept this offer and if you do, you can you can still apply to additional programs in Round 2.
- You can apply in Round 2 regardless of whether you applied or accepted an offer in the Main Round. Pre-registering for your Main Round offer does not limit you from applying to another program in Round 2. You are also automatically placed on the waitlist for all programs that you listed on your application.
- At this time we do not have any specific information regarding placement on the waitlist.
- We have been advised that the deadline to register for Pre-K has been extended to May 25th, therefore information about the waitlist should be available by May 27th.
- We will contact you directly if a seat becomes available for your child; no further action is required to remain on the waitlist.
If you have a child entering Kindergarten - Fifth Grade AND you are zoned for PS 158 you can come in to register without an appointment on June 1st between the hours of 8:45 am and 12:30 pm.
- You must bring your child with you to register
The DOE has posted the calendar for the 2106-2017 school year -
In accordance with Avonte's Law (Introductory 131-A), all egresses have been alarmed and the alarms are activated. Please be sure to follow all arrival and dismissal procedures
. Families should only be using the Main Entrance and the yard gate to enter and leave the building. Using any other egress will result in setting off the alarms.
The DOE has released the Quality Review and Snapshot and the School Survey for the 2014-2015 school year. If you would like to learn more and read the reports, please click on the links below. Thank you again to all the families that participated in the survey.
Here is a very interesting article from the New York Times about restorative classrooms. Our school is committed to educating the entire child, which includes supporting their social-emotional growth.
Teaching Peace in Elementary School