The DOE has posted the calendar for the 2106-2017 school year -
Registration for PS 158 will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY
Please call the Main Office (212) 744-6562 and ask for Ms. Cruz.
- You must bring your child with you to register
- Child’s birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism which includes the date of birth, or other official document of age (SeeChancellor’s Regulation A-101 for documents accepted for proof of age)
- Immunization records
- Latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
- Proof of address which may be verified by any two of the following containing the address of residence:
- A lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison), must be dated within the past 60 days
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor or the federal Office of Refugee Settlement, indicating the resident’s name and address, must be dated within the past 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- A water bill for the residence dated within the past 90 days
- Rent receipt which includes the address of the residence, must be dated within the past 60 days
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence
- Income tax form for the last calendar year
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit which has not expired
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers documents issued within the past 60 days with name of child and address of residence
* If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit.
Please be advised that we have been experiencing difficulty with both outgoing and incoming phone calls. We appreciate your patience and hope to have the problem resolved soon.
In accordance with Avonte's Law (Introductory 131-A), all egresses have been alarmed and the alarms are activated. Please be sure to follow all arrival and dismissal procedures
. Families should only be using the Main Entrance and the yard gate to enter and leave the building. Using any other egress will result in setting off the alarms.
The DOE has released the Quality Review and Snapshot and the School Survey for the 2014-2015 school year. If you would like to learn more and read the reports, please click on the links below. Thank you again to all the families that participated in the survey.
Here is a very interesting article from the New York Times about restorative classrooms. Our school is committed to educating the entire child, which includes supporting their social-emotional growth.
Teaching Peace in Elementary School